Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sent to Dean Marks (France)

I sent this to Dean Marks in France. While I was looking at the scan he made and posted through the IUOMA site, I was struck by a few things. First off, I really like colored tape. I spend so much time looking for strange tape, strong tape, and odd sized tape, that it’s kind of an obsession. It’s all the tape a wise man once said. Secondly, I like my source material to deal with the body. I consistently buy textbooks about anatomy, especially old textbooks where all of the images are drawn. Real pictures just don’t fit my palate; I like old images, images on cheap paper that rip very easily. Old paper always produces the best dissolves between images and gives the effect I really enjoy. So yeah, this is a card that I think best exemplifies what I like to make.

No comments: