Friday, October 11, 2013

One Subject Notebooks

When I posted an image of my new work journal earlier in the week, I didn’t think about how many of these I’ve actually done and for what reason. When I was scanning the front and back of each journal I noticed I started doing this in 2005, the first time I drove cross-country. Not sure what it is about those books but I like doing them. My biggest revelation was how “decorated” they’d become. The first ones are just journals from driving a lot, and then slowly they morph into the mail-art address books and work journals.
Basically the more something is decorated the newer it is. The first one is my newest mail-art notebook, my China notebook, cross-country 2005, work journal #2, mail-art journal #1, work journal #1, Canada road journal 2006, and On Tour With Adair 2007.

No comments: