Monday, April 1, 2013

Sent to xx Jones (Austria)

The lovely Austrian mail-artist xx Jones must have seen Susanna’s post where she placed something I sent her on a shelf and took a picture, and did the same. xx and I bonded over a bit of honest sincerity, at which point she asked me if I’d like to see a similar thing happen. She took a picture of the card I’d sent to her Austrian home. Just writing that is fun for me….I can’t get over that excited feeling of mail-art. The idea of making something and mailing across the world and someone actually happy to receive it-I’ve written this down many times before, but it still hasn’t properly sunken in. This image is proof that these things really do travel around the world and for less than a twenty ounce soft drink. Thanks for posting xx!

No comments: